Casualty Actuarial Services
Insurance is a numbers business, and the numbers masters are the actuaries. Willis has strong actuarial talent made available to you through our Client Advocate® model.
Willis is the leader in communicating actuarial results in an understandable manner. We believe that to produce the most valuable results, it is imperative that you understand the underlying assumptions that go into an actuarial study. Willis actuaries make it a point to not only understand the dynamics of your business, but to make sure you fully grasp the reasoning and data behind the work we do for you.
Casualty Actuarial Services in North America is managed by two fellows and an associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society. All three hold membership in the American Academy of Actuaries, which allows them to certify reserve opinions to state insurance departments and auditors. The team also includes seven additional actuarial professionals.
Willis offers a wide range of consulting services, including but not limited to:
- Actuarial loss reserve analysis
- Statement of opinion letters for captives and state insurance departments
- Loss forecasting and confidence level analysis
- Negotiation of letters of credit
- Assistance in determining appropriate aggregate retention attachment level
- Negotiation of loss portfolio transfers
- Retention analysis, forecasting losses by various per occurrence and aggregate retention levels
For further information, please contact:
Ed Davenport, FCAS, MAAA +1 615 872 3435
Greg Alff, FCAS, MAAA +1 615 872 3440
Heather Lake, ACAS, MAAA +1 615 872 3436
Gregory Jones, ACAS, MAAA +1 212 915 8014